The year that wasn't - Triple Layer Fabric Mask
NO FULL PRINTS - SPOT PRINTING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MASK ONLY
Made from woven polyester, our masks are washable and reusable.
• Made by South Africans for South Africans
• Comply with recommended Government guidelines
• Water Repellent
• 3 layer protection
• Tie Back with top and bottom strings
• No Elastic
• Tightly Woven Bonded double layer
• 180GSM fabric
• Inner layer: Moisture management inner layer
• Reusable, Wash 40 degrees and Iron (best means to disinfect)
• Do not bleach
For health and safety reasons if packaging has been opened and or masks have been used they can not be returned or exchanged.
How to properly use a cloth mask:
The usage of any type of mask should be accompanied by strictly adhering to safe use guidelines. It is very important that residents use a cloth mask properly. If they do not, it might result in them putting themselves at risk of spreading Covid-19. The simple guidelines to use are:
- Only use a mask that has been cleaned & ironed
- Place the mask with the correct side facing your nose and mouth and covering both well
- Tie the strings behind your head, or if you are using elastic bands, make sure these are tight
- Make sure it fits well. Move it around to get the best fit. Never touch the cloth part.
- Once you have put on the mask, DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE again until you take it off
- When you take it off, undo the ties or remove over your head, and carefully fold the mask inside out, hold it by the strings/elastic and place the mask in a container preserved for washing the cloth mask
- Wash hands thoroughly and dry before doing anything else
- Do not share cloth masks between members of the family
- Make sure there are at least two cloth masks per person in the household, including children
Maintaining the mask:
You must have at least two cloth masks per person so you will be able to wash one and have a clean one ready for use.
- Wash the mask daily in soap and hot water
- Rinse thoroughly and dry
- IRON THE MASK - this is the best means of disinfection!
- If you do not have an iron, place the mask with the outside facing down on a metal sheet and place it in the sun; leave it there for a couple of hours - the heat should disinfect it
- DO NOT SOAK THE MASK IN CHEMICALS AS THESE GET ABSORBED AND MAY BE INHALED CAUSING DAMAGE TO THE RESPIRATORY TRACT